One of the quickest dinners you can prepare is this frittata recipe with lots of vegetables. Make it for breakfast or lunch or dinner and serve it with a tossed salad and a slice of crusty bread drizzled with olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ½ cups chopped zucchini
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ⅔ cup pearl-size or baby fresh mozzarella balls (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Step 1 : Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 3 : In the meantime, combine the eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Over the vegetables in the pan, pour the eggs. Cook for about 2 minutes, raising the edges to let the middle’s raw egg ooze below. Place the skillet to the broiler for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the eggs are slightly browned. Sprinkle mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes over top. Observe for three minutes. Add basil on top.
- Step 4: Run a spatula around the frittata’s edge and then below the pan until you can pull or slide it out onto a cutting board or serving platter. Serve after cutting into 4 slices.
292 calories; protein 17.6g; carbohydrates 7.8g; dietary fiber 1.6g; sugars 4.2g; fat 20.7g; saturated fat 6.8g; cholesterol 345.8mg; vitamin a iu 936.6IU; vitamin c 13.4mg; folate 64.6mcg; calcium 226.9mg; iron 2.1mg; magnesium 30.5mg; potassium 408.1mg; sodium 513mg; thiamin 0.1mg.
1 1/2 vegetable, 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat